A Bouquet of Appreciation

just for you


9/3/20232 min read

Would you like to experiment with a design like this? You'll find a supply list below, including a link to the stencil I used from A Colorful Life Designs . Follow the link and use discount code ChrisFan10 to save 10% on your entire order! (Master Creator Bundles are excluded as they already have a 20% discount built in.)

I decided to try for a vertical ombre on this vase , as if it had an irridescent finish .... I think the result is pretty cool.

Let’s Get Started:

Card Base: 4.25 x 11, scored and folded at 5.5

Card Face: 4 x 5.5the

Diecut sentiment from my Ready to Go Binder (find the explanation under the Techniques tab in the header)

Card Face:

This is a two part stencil - the vase and the flowers are created separately.

  • I secured the vase section of the stencil to the card face with Mint Tape, grabbed inks and brushes and got to work.

  • I started on the right with blue ink: working in layers I built the colour up on the edge, but allowed it to fade out towards the middle.

  • I repeated this with green ink on the left hand side.

  • I used a very light hand to go over the middle with both colours, allowing them to merge. I allowed the green to extend a bit further towards the bottom as I didn't want a straight line down the center dividing the two colours.

  • I removed that stencil and replaced with with the floral stencil .

  • I used a medium pink ink for the flowers, starting at the top and outer edges of the blossoms and brushing ink towards the center of the stencil.

  • I used the same green to ink the stems, starting at the bottom and working up towards the blossoms.

  • I also added tiny touches of green to the tips of a couple of blossoms.

  • I added white gel pen to the right hand side of blossoms and vase.

  • I took the card face and ran it across the green ink pad on both vertical edges. This gave the very, very fine green line you see in the picture.


I looked through my Ready to Go binder, and selected the sentiment. I had previously die cut several of these; I glued two of them together to add dimension to this card.


  • I glued the card face to the card base, centering vertically.

  • I glued the sentiment in place as shown.

Final thoughts:

I chose not to mask the blossoms/stems on this card. The result is that you can see small bits of green at the base of some of the blossoms, where the stem is attached to the blossom. I also pulled pink ink down into the stem in a couple of instances . The green into pink was deliberate, but the pink into green was not! But it still worked in the end. Phew!

This is a very simple, but very effective card.

Supplies: (and links where possible)

I have listed which products I have used, and where they may be purchased. It's a huge marketplace and in most instances there are multiple sources and many alternatives to choose from.

Stencil: Layered Vase with Sprigs, A Colorful Life Designs

Ink: Stampin’ Up!

Mint Tape:Scrapbook.com

Blending Brushes: Stampin’ Up!

White Gel Pen: Sakura, Scrapbook.com

Adhesive: Tombow Aqua, Michaels

Card Base: Accent 100 lb., Amazon

Card Face: Accent 80 lb., Amazon

Elevate Your Cardmaking with Innovative Techniques and Design Styles